Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Funky Flavor Paper

Apartment hunting has been causing me stress, a lack of sleep, my hair to fall out (well its not that serious...yet). Actually, the hunting part is fun, it's the part about possibly not finding the perfect place before my lease is up and then being forced to live in a cardboard box on the street...geezzz the stress!

But, yes, the actual viewing of apartments is quite a lot of fun, especially because I get to envision them in the future, how they will look after all my junk is moved in. So at this point I have pretty much decorated 24 different apartments in my head already! I'm on a roll.

What I am looking most forward to is painting! Currently I'm living in a blank canvas at my landlords request to NOT PAINT!! Whaaaaaaaa. But looking at all these places has been making me think about colors, and faux finishes, and lovely wall paper! I was poking around the Internet today and came across this amazing website for wall paper (which is making a design comeback, so apparently my grammy's place is cool again...go granny, go granny).

The company is Flavor Paper @ www.flavorleague.com.
Their mission at Flavor Paper is to produce "unique vintage, contemporary and custom hand screened wall coverings that will add a burst of flavor to any environment"....and that is does!

These are a couple of my favorites:





This one is called "fruits of design". It comes in a misty lavender, a limey green, a chocolate and black combo, and an orange burst color! Sounds so yummy!


Meet "Dauphine". A gorgeous deco flower pattern. Very vamp.

The super feminine "Sakura". This wallpaper gives delicate little blossoms a bold presence. The blooms also come in super cool metallics!



Mr. "Mustachio". This one gets me every time! I just love the difference between viewing up close and at a distance. From a far this mustache masterpiece just looks like a great design of geometric columns and then up close you're staring at Colonel Sanders. Genius!




"Fishnet" is another look at it this way, look at it that way mind bender that leaves you wondering..."what is that?" It's very retro and definitely unique!


"Flower of Love" is a great, whimsical print. The brown, black and gold version is also super beautiful. This print I thought would look especially nice framed on a wall.



Framing artsy pieces of wall paper is a perfect way, especially for apartment renters, to add interest to your walls. It won't destroy your walls, but it still gives you that cool wallpaper look. And considering the above styles run upwards of $150 a roll, which means i could afford about enough paper to wall paper my door knob, framing is a great way to get a similar effect on a budget.


If framing wall paper seems like the way to go for you. You might be interested in going to your local stationary store and picking up wrapping sheets to use as framing options. They are inexpensive and are as perfectly pretty as some of the above wall paper patterns.


Here are a couple great ones I found from Kate's Paperie @ www.katespaperie.com








Each sheet is about $4 buck and measures 20" x 30". Not bad for some beautiful inexpensive art!


That's all for now folks!


-Jessica Allyn

No comments:

Post a Comment